Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Things Annoying Me Lately

Here is a short list of things that are annoying me as of late:

1. The Wife and I were looking to plan a long weekend camping at Jewell Lake, and between the two of us, we are booked solid every weekend through the end of September! I mean what ever happened to lazy summer days and relaxing. Between me working and various weddings, we have no weekends available. So if you are a friend looking to get together, please consult our administrative assistant. You know how to reach him.

2. Barack Obama was recently in Detroit and I could not go see him. This is annoying because I have been a supporter of Barack since before Iowa, and he was not allowed to campaign here for soooo long. Alas, his staff did make a fool of him by not allowing some Arabic women to sit behind him because of the whole name thing. They could have been better informed by the campaign, as Detroit has the largest concentration or Arabic people outside the Mid-East. At least the women slighted are still supporters.

3. My addiction to Taco Bell. I have been on a 6 month quest to eat better and get in better shape. To a large part it has been successful, as I am 15lbs lighter then at Christmas. One thing I cannot shake is my love of Taco Bell. I seem to have an affinity for beans, beef and cheese. It does not matter how Taco Bell assembles these things, I love them all.

Now for one thing that has been impressing me lately:

The Foundation for a Better Life


1 comment:

Rosiecat24 said...

Ah, poor JD. To add to your list of annoyances, I see that the current president has arrived in Livonia. Hurray! Or not.

Um, if you are in need of some healthy cooking ideas, I know a blog that you might like... :-) Have you tried my Black Bean Tostadas? They are similar to something you might find on the Taco Bell menu, but they're homemade! And homemade food is the best.